If you would like your kids to get some exercise and participate in really fun and entertaining outdoor activities in the safety of your back yard, then you simply need to get a playground system. These amazing products will essentially turn your back yard into a state of the art and really fun playground, providing your children with countless hours of fun, exercise and entertainment in the process.
When it comes to playground systems, the Gorilla Playsets Big Skye II is widely considered to be one of the best and most entertaining on the market. What sets it apart from the competition on top of its many features and its large size is the fact that it’s made entirely out of factory stained Cedar lumber that is essentially resistant to damage caused by nature, weather and even insects. Let’s have a more detailed look at it.
- The Gorilla Playsets Big Skye II playground system set features two play decks, a large one measuring 7 feet across and a smaller one measuring 5 feet.
- The play decks are both elevated but placed at different levels and they are both covered by a specially designed wooden roof that will keep water and the elements away from your kids, while they’re playing.
- It comes equipped with three different slides: a straight one, a wavy one and the piece de resistance: a twisty tunnel slide!
- It features a regular swing set, as well as a specially designed glider swing.
- It comes equipped with really fun trapeze bars.
- Featuring a climbing wall that has been specially engineered for children, it also comes with a climbing rope for your kids to climb.
- It comes equipped with much fun extra stuff that your kids can use in their games, including a telescope, a periscope and even a built-in picnic table.
Like all Gorilla playsets, the Big Skye II wooden swing set is also very easy to put together since it comes with a really detailed and easy to read manual that is full of diagrams, most of them in 3D that will greatly help you put it together as fast as possible. Please note that the Gorilla Playsets Big Skye II is one of the biggest playground sets out there, so the assembly should take you at least a day at the very least. It is highly advised that you bring some friends and family who are handy with tools or know a thing or two about construction to help you. The more people working to put this play set together, the sooner it will be done.
Please note that although all the lumber and pieces needed to put this set together are included in the package and clearly labeled, you will need to have some tools handy during the assembly process, including some wrenches, clamps and a power drill. If you don’t feel like you can handle the construction of something that big, you can always call the people at Gorilla Playsets and have them send someone to assemble it for you; they will charge you extra for that though…
Consumer issues and concerns:
The people who have bought the Gorilla Playsets Big Skye II playset are pretty happy with it, however some of them have a couple of minor complaints. One of the most common complaints is that putting together the twisty slide is very frustrating and time consuming. It is highly recommended that you have at least one other person helping you when you start putting it together. Using dowels and clamps when connecting its pieces will also help speed up the process and reduce frustration. Another complaint is that the distance between the roof and the play decks is not too great.